A world class theme park company is seeking a Vice President of Design to join its team in the Midwest! In this role you will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of designers, architects, illustrators and vendors all tasked with creating amazing guest experiences across several parks in the US. Your background in theme parks and attractions will come in handy for ideating new shows, attractions and experiences for millions of guests which are topical, audience engaging, and in concert with some high profile IP. You'll be involved from initial concept and ideation, look and feel, spatial awareness, R&D, sussing out marketing and operations viability, and overseeing execution, culminating in opening day festivities. Most importantly, you will be communicating all of your great ideas for attractions, shows and park endeavors to a robust team and a trusted portfolio of vendors.
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience in creative leadership within the theme park industry
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with experiential design, shows, attractions, location based entertainment and similar industries
- An ability to effectively and clearly communicate design objectives, and guide a team through execution
- A proven track record of designing successful attractions or shows
- Experience working in fast paced, highly collaborative environments with multiple disciplines [architecture, graphic design, engineering]
- A passion for elevating a brand and taking ownership of a project
- Experience working with licensed IP as it pertains to experiential design and themed entertainment
This is a full-time, on-site role in the midwest/Ohio region, with excellent benefits, and a salary in the $190K range. Full relocation is available for the right candidate. For consideration, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.