Our client, a leading themed entertainment design and production company, is looking for a seasoned and creative Senior Lighting Designer to join its team! In this role, you’ll use your endless creativity and excellent collaborative skills to deliver high quality design solutions to thematic entertainment projects: working alongside the design, architecture, and technical teams, you’ll work to ensure that lighting system design vision is skillfully executed: you’ll produce renderings to illustrate conceptual lighting images, collaborate with design to select appropriate lighting fixtures with respect to design intent, cost, and aesthetic, create scope of work documents for third party vendors and work alongside the project manager to review RFP packages, and participate in design meetings with external clients, among other tasks. You’ll also participate in the QC review of junior designers and engineers, and remain up to date on new lighting products and methods. This is a great opportunity to grow with a leader in themed entertainment!
You should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Theatre, or a related field [Master’s degrees a plus!]
- a minimum ten years of experience in lighting design, including experience within architecture, entertainment, landscape, and exteriors
- expert level proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- thorough knowledge of and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- working knowledge and hands-on experience with lighting applications, luminaire photometry, major light fixture manufacturers, and international lighting fixtures and products
- excellent communicative and collaborative skills
- professional certification/licensing [ie. CLD, IALD, United Scenic Artists/IATSE, LEED, etc] and experience in the APAC and EMEA regions a plus!
This is an on-site, full-time opportunity in the Orlando, FL area, with some travel required. Compensation between 80-90K annually, DOE. For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.