Overall Responsibilities/Position Description:
The President and CEO has executive management responsibility for the affairs of the association and performs the duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
The President and CEO serves as:
- Member of the executive committee and board of directors as a non-voting member.
- Liaison to the executive committee, board of directors, and compensation committee.
- Secretary to the association.
- Director on the IAAPA Foundation board of directors.
- Public facing executive with consistent presence at events worldwide.
The following are essential abilities and qualities that must be present to be successful in the position:
Progressive and modern leadership of member staff, communication with key stakeholders, being one of the primary ambassadors of the association. This includes:
- Recruiting, motivating, and retaining staff in accordance with the association’s human resources guidelines.
- Serving as spokesperson to the media, legislative and regulatory bodies, and consumers to effectively represent, protect, and promote the industry, including the industry’s outstanding safety record.
- Directing and implementing the development of a global legislative and regulatory agenda that protects the industry and the association.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the association's professional development program to ensure industry operational excellence.
- Inspiring staff and members to execute a forward thinking, progressive development of the association.
Drive the strategic direction – and constant development and progress - of the association, in co-operation with the Board of Directors. This includes:
- Developing and implementing the association strategic plan in consultation with the IAAPA strategic planning committee, executive committee, and board of directors.
- Execute the strategic plan with a progressive, results oriented goals and objectives in mind.
Robust and professional hands on management of trade shows, the Board of Directors and committees, business planning, and the association’s finances. This includes:
- Developing and implementing the association’s annual business plan in consultation with the senior leadership team to support the association’s strategic plan.
- Developing and managing the operating and capital budgets in accordance with association fiscal policies.
- Overseeing the production of the association's three worldwide trade shows that provide value for the participants and operate profitably.
- Leading the construction project for the association’s new global headquarters in Orlando.
Ability to implement the association’s strategic platform on a worldwide basis. This includes:
- Directing worldwide efforts that promote safety as our number-one priority.
- Overseeing the association's regional offices and the effective execution of the association’s global strategy.
- Overseeing a membership marketing and development strategy that ensures a stable and growing membership and delivers value to the members.
- Cementing the global reach of the organization by ensuring each region sees the consistent and unifying value of the association.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Business Administration, Law, or equal).
- 8-10+ years of corporate managerial experience.
- Experience with strategically growing and improving a large organization.
- Experience in working in a global context, outside North America.
- Strong language and communications skills.
- A passion for the amusement and attractions industry.
- An ability and willingness to travel extensively, up to 50% of the year, inclusive of holidays and weekends.
This is a full-time, on site executive role located in Orlando, FL. Relocation is available and provided for the right candidate. For consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.